HOW TO PLAY:
- Players are split into two teams, either Team Apple or Team Banana.
- During your turn, you will be prompted to join the backroom (#TabooRoom), where you will receive a word. Your goal is to get your teammates to guess that word correctly without actually saying it.
- As an added challenge, you will be given a set of taboo words, which you also must not say, eg. pirate has treasure, hook, parrot, skull and island as taboo words.
- If you say either your word or one of its associated taboo words, your team's score will be deducted by 5 points and you will be given another word. This will be done either by the bot or the Game Master.
- If the word you've received is hard, you can ask for another by using $pass. This will cost your team 5 points, however.
- UPDATE: During your turn, the bot will relay whatever you say in #TabooRoom to your teammates in #dAmnTaboo. It will also relay what they say in the main room to you in the backroom.
- Once your team has guessed your word correctly, you will be given another one. You must try to get as many words as you can within the time limit.
- There are two game modes currently:
- In rounds mode, the game will end once the specified number of rounds has been reached. Whichever team has the most points at the end will win.
- In points mode, the game will end once either team reaches the specified points target.
- For information on how to use the bot, click here.
RULES OF THE GAME:
- Taboo words must not be given out by the Speaker. This includes the actual main word and its components. For example, 'step' and 'mom' would not be allowed if the main taboo word was 'stepmom'. If a person says one of the taboo words, the GM will $flip and 5 points will be deducted from your team's score. You must then move to a new word, which you will receive, to continue.
- The speaker may only type out proper words as clues for the taboo word. Typing out sounds is not allowed, but 'singing' is permitted as long as you are 'singing' words.
- The speaker may not give out hints that rhyme with the taboo word, or be an abbreviation of the taboo word.
- Teammates may make as many guesses as they want. Wrong guesses will not be penalised.